Do you want to ensure you are being inclusive when planning events or connecting with donors? You may benefit from including cultural or religious holidays in your Outlook calendar.
Here's how you do it:
- Click File > Options > Calendar.
- Under Calendar options, click Add Holidays...
- Check the box for each faith or country whose holidays you want to add to your calendar.
- It is important to check the following to ensure holidays like Ramadan, Hanukkah, etc. are added: Christian Religious, Islamic Religious, Jewish Religious.
- Click OK.
Note that Outlook Holidays do not include United States cultural heritage months:
- Black History (February)
- Asian American / Pacific Islander / Desi American Heritage (May)
- Due to academic calendars, most college campuses celebrate in April.
- Latinx Heritage (Sept 15-Oct 15)
- Native American Heritage (November)
A good resource is the ADL Calendar of Observances webpage.
If you have questions regarding inclusive engagement, please be sure to download the WFAA Inclusive Engagement Guide (link below).